Dreaming that you’re in the tropics and sipping away at some fruity tropical concoction? You can make this at home, and it’s a healthy vegan version too with this tropical trio smoothie! Not only is it super tasty but the high levels of vitamin E in the almond milk also make your skin more elastic and keep it looking youthful.
What You’ll Need:
Half a ripe mango, only the flesh, frozen
About half a cup fresh pineapple chunks, frozen
Half a cup banana, sliced and frozen
Half a cup to a full cup of almond milk (or soy milk, or whatever milk you prefer).
A dash of cinnamon (optional)
Fruit slices or a stick of cinnamon for garnish (optional too)
Let’s Visit the Tropics with This Sunny Fruit Smoothie!
1. Gather all the ingredients. The beauty of this smoothie is you can definitely make pre-made individual servings by freezing the fruits in small Ziploc bags, ready for your use whenever you want!
2. To make the smoothie, simply place the banana slices, the mango, the pineapple chunks, and milk in a blender.
3. Blend everything together until smooth. You may add more milk if the smoothie is too thick for your liking. You may also add some cinnamon at this point
4. Pour unto serving cups or glass and garnish with fruit slices or a cinnamon stick
5. Enjoy!... [Read More]
If you love berries and love getting your protein in your smoothie as well, this recipe is for you! This blend of 2 popular berries, protein-rich silken tofu, and minerals-loaded banana will keep you full for hours. It’s also packed with antioxidants which fight both the visible and internal signs of aging. The recipe is enough for 2 as well, so it’s great for sharing!
What You’ll Need:
Quarter cup of liquid of your choice, could be water, milk, almond milk, apple juice, or orange juice (not shown.
1 cup silken tofu (not to be confused with the tofu for stir-fries)
1 cup frozen bananas
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen bananas
Let’s Whip Up Some Delicious Smoothie!
1. Prepare the ingredients by cleaning the fruits and freezing them. Take out of the freezer at least 15 minutes before making the smoothie.
2. To create this mouth-watering concoction, simply add all the ingredients to a blending bullet or a blender and blend away. You may add a little bit more liquid if the smoothie is too thick for your liking.
3. Pour into 2 serving glasses. The recipe makes about a liter of smoothie, enough for 2 big servings that’s filling enough for a full meal! Hint: Call this breakfast in a cup.... [Read More]
Sports and workout equipment on a wooden floor with healthy snacks, weight loss and physical activity concept
Many people exercise for weight loss and healthy weight maintenance. Being overweight or obese can lead to a long list of dangerous, and even deadly, health problems. Exercise burns calories, carbohydrates and fat, so it works perfectly if you are looking to lose weight. So, exactly how much do you need to exercise to drop the pounds you are looking to discard?
Time to do a little math….
Bear in mind, no 2 people are alike. There is no way that your very unique bodily functions can be determined by using global averages. However, you can use the following formula as a base, and adjust accordingly to the results you experience.... [Read More]
Losing weight is the number one health and fitness goal for many people. However, it is not without its setbacks and pitfalls. When you experience an obstacle on your weight loss journey, it is very easy to fall into a negative mindset. The good news is that there are a number of steps you can undertake to ensure that you maintain a positive attitude as you go through your weight loss journey. This post will help you do exactly that and lists 5 simple tricks for staying positive while losing weight.... [Read More]
Who would have thought that these two fruits would make for a great combination? Sweet and tart apples mixed with juicy papaya in a base of almond milk and silken tofu makes for a protein-rich smoothie that’s full of fruity goodness! The apple contains skin boosting enzymes that will help you maintain a youthful appearance while the papaya contains vitamins that nourish and tone the skin.
What You’ll Need:
Half a medium-size apple, cored, sliced, and frozen
About half a cup papaya chunks, frozen
¾ cup almond milk
Half a cup silken tofu (not to be mistaken with firm tofu)
Sweet Basil or mint leaves plus a stick of cinnamon for presentation purposes (optional)
Let’s Blend Up This Fruity Smoothie!
1. The ingredients for this apple papaya smoothie is best prepared either the day before or at least 4 hours before to freeze up the fruits so there would be no need to water down the smoothie with some ice. If this is not an option, limit the ice to just half a cup or about 4 cubes because the silken tofu and the fruits’ flesh will be enough to help thicken the smoothie.
2. When ready for your smoothie, simply place all the ingredients in a blending cup or blender.
3. Pulse away until smooth. The consistency should be like yogurt.
4. Transfer to a serving glass and garnish to make the smoothie look festive. With garnish or not, this smoothie is a sure win!
5. Serves 1 person as a meal, can be shared for snacks. Enjoy!... [Read More]
A little bit can go a long way. By giving just $9 a month – the cost of 2 mochas – you can provide clean water for 5 Africans for a whole year! If clean water is not your passion, you choose where you want that money to go... [More...]