According to the American Council on Exercise, strength training is defined as “exercising with progressively heavier resistance for the purpose of strengthening the muscular skeletal system.” Equipment used includes weight machines, free weights or resistance bands with each providing increasing resistance as the muscles develop. In theory, progressively increasing resistance could build muscle mass and strength infinitely as muscles overloaded keep getting larger. Conventional strength training usually targets select major muscle groups.
Perfect for a hot summer day or whenever you need a burst of freshness, this watermelon kiwi smoothie will quench your thirst, leave you feeling invigorated, and will satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s also a powerful anti-aging smoothie that nourishes the skin and prevents the skin discoloration associated with aging.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 kiwi, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- Half a cup ice cold water
- Lemon juice to taste
- Agave syrup to taste (usually less than a tablespoon is sweet enough)
- 1 cup watermelon chunks, frozen
- Some mint leaves for garnish (optional)
Let’s Blend Up This Refreshing Summery Smoothie!
1. Gather everything you need. This smoothie is perfect for a brunch, an afternoon tea replacement, or just when you feel like you need this.
2. To make this watermelon kiwi smoothie, place the water, watermelon, kiwi, and some lemon juice in a blending cup. Process everything together until smooth. You may adjust the lemon juice and sweetness according to your preferences.
3. To serve, pour unto a glass and garnish with some torn mint leaves. They are not necessary but adds beautiful color plus a little bit of extra minty freshness to this smoothie.
4. Best served when very cold.
Did you know annual holiday celebrations can actually cause depression?
This should be a happy and positive time of the year. But for some people, it is anything but. A 1999 Canadian study showed that anxiety and stress skyrocket during the months of November and December. Other studies have revealed similar results. This is when many countries and cultures celebrate important holidays.
That study also showed that right before Valentine’s Day (which should be a celebration of love) anxiety and depression also rise. This is why it is so important to think about your mental health before and during the holidays. What is the one of the best ways to fight stress and depression?
They say that you should never, ever skip breakfast but we all know how that is often easier said than done. With this tasty and refreshing green smoothie, you’ll have all the motivation you need to get out of your bed in the morning and start your day right. The secret is in the pineapples, the riper it is, the fruitier this smoothie tastes. You’ll never guess how much greens are in this! All these greens firm the skin and protect against the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
What You’ll Need:
The New Year’s fairy dust has completely settled and spring is here! Are you still committed to getting fit and healthy? If you need to hit the reset button, it’s the perfect time because we’re starting a new 90 Day Challenge on Monday, April 4th. This challenge will take you smack dab in the middle of summer, so now is the time if you’re ready to start thinking about beach weather and bikinis.
The Skinny Body Max 90 Day Challenge is sweet and simple: Commit to taking the all natural NEW Skinny Body Max every day consistently, as directed, for a full 90 days. We also recommend that you maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine as well. I have some bonuses waiting for you that will help you with that stuff (see below)!
Fiber doesn’t get nearly as much attention as the other nutrients when it comes to healthy eating. However, if your diet is lacking in this nutrient you should definitely be making it one of your New Year’s resolutions to fill up on fiber. In this article I will be explaining why.
Fiber is type of carbohydrate that the body cannot digest. It is found in the cell wall of plants, contains no calories and has no nutritional value. However, it is still useful in humans. There are two main types of fiber:
1) Insoluble Fiber:- Insoluble fiber absorbs water in the digestive tract and expands into a combination of bulk and liquid. Its main role is to push waste materials through the digestive tract. By removing waste materials and toxins from the digestive tract insoluble fiber reduces constipation and prevents bowel disease.
2) Soluble Fiber:- Soluble fiber dissolves in water in the digestive tract and turns into a thick gel like substance. Its main role is to hold foods in the digestive tract long enough so that the nutrients can be fully absorbed. It also helps keep your blood glucose levels under control by slowing down digestion. In addition to this, soluble fiber prevents heart disease and may prevent cancer too.