Perfect for a hot summer day or whenever you need a burst of freshness, this watermelon kiwi smoothie will quench your thirst, leave you feeling invigorated, and will satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s also a powerful anti-aging smoothie that nourishes the skin and prevents the skin discoloration associated with aging.
What You’ll Need:
1 kiwi, peeled, sliced, and frozen
Half a cup ice cold water
Lemon juice to taste
Agave syrup to taste (usually less than a tablespoon is sweet enough)
1 cup watermelon chunks, frozen
Some mint leaves for garnish (optional)
Let’s Blend Up This Refreshing Summery Smoothie!
1. Gather everything you need. This smoothie is perfect for a brunch, an afternoon tea replacement, or just when you feel like you need this.
2. To make this watermelon kiwi smoothie, place the water, watermelon, kiwi, and some lemon juice in a blending cup. Process everything together until smooth. You may adjust the lemon juice and sweetness according to your preferences.
3. To serve, pour unto a glass and garnish with some torn mint leaves. They are not necessary but adds beautiful color plus a little bit of extra minty freshness to this smoothie.
4. Best served when very cold.... [Read More]
They say that you should never, ever skip breakfast but we all know how that is often easier said than done. With this tasty and refreshing green smoothie, you’ll have all the motivation you need to get out of your bed in the morning and start your day right. The secret is in the pineapples, the riper it is, the fruitier this smoothie tastes. You’ll never guess how much greens are in this! All these greens firm the skin and protect against the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
Dreaming that you’re in the tropics and sipping away at some fruity tropical concoction? You can make this at home, and it’s a healthy vegan version too with this tropical trio smoothie! Not only is it super tasty but the high levels of vitamin E in the almond milk also make your skin more elastic and keep it looking youthful.
What You’ll Need:
Half a ripe mango, only the flesh, frozen
About half a cup fresh pineapple chunks, frozen
Half a cup banana, sliced and frozen
Half a cup to a full cup of almond milk (or soy milk, or whatever milk you prefer).
A dash of cinnamon (optional)
Fruit slices or a stick of cinnamon for garnish (optional too)
Let’s Visit the Tropics with This Sunny Fruit Smoothie!
1. Gather all the ingredients. The beauty of this smoothie is you can definitely make pre-made individual servings by freezing the fruits in small Ziploc bags, ready for your use whenever you want!
2. To make the smoothie, simply place the banana slices, the mango, the pineapple chunks, and milk in a blender.
3. Blend everything together until smooth. You may add more milk if the smoothie is too thick for your liking. You may also add some cinnamon at this point
4. Pour unto serving cups or glass and garnish with fruit slices or a cinnamon stick
5. Enjoy!... [Read More]
If you love berries and love getting your protein in your smoothie as well, this recipe is for you! This blend of 2 popular berries, protein-rich silken tofu, and minerals-loaded banana will keep you full for hours. It’s also packed with antioxidants which fight both the visible and internal signs of aging. The recipe is enough for 2 as well, so it’s great for sharing!
What You’ll Need:
Quarter cup of liquid of your choice, could be water, milk, almond milk, apple juice, or orange juice (not shown.
1 cup silken tofu (not to be confused with the tofu for stir-fries)
1 cup frozen bananas
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen bananas
Let’s Whip Up Some Delicious Smoothie!
1. Prepare the ingredients by cleaning the fruits and freezing them. Take out of the freezer at least 15 minutes before making the smoothie.
2. To create this mouth-watering concoction, simply add all the ingredients to a blending bullet or a blender and blend away. You may add a little bit more liquid if the smoothie is too thick for your liking.
3. Pour into 2 serving glasses. The recipe makes about a liter of smoothie, enough for 2 big servings that’s filling enough for a full meal! Hint: Call this breakfast in a cup.... [Read More]
Green smoothies are not only full of health benefits, but can taste great too. Some of the benefits of green smoothies include increasing your consumption of fruits and vegetables, as well as being a natural way to lose weight. It can be difficult to fit in the recommended servings of five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables a day, but a green smoothie every day can be a quick and convenient way to have a variety of healthy foods in your diet. Green smoothies provide nutrition, vitamins and minerals, as well as healthy carbohydrates, fiber and are low in fat. Here are a few green smoothie ideas to get you started.
Lime, Mango, Collard Greens Smoothie
Two tablespoons of fresh lime juice
Two cups collard greens or spinach (chopped and stems)
One and a half cups of frozen mango
One cup of grapes (green)
Mix lime juice, half a cup of water, collard greens, grapes and mangoes together in a blender. Puree for around one minute (until smooth) and add water to reach the consistency that is desired.
A little bit can go a long way. By giving just $9 a month – the cost of 2 mochas – you can provide clean water for 5 Africans for a whole year! If clean water is not your passion, you choose where you want that money to go... [More...]