Who would have thought that these two fruits would make for a great combination? Sweet and tart apples mixed with juicy papaya in a base of almond milk and silken tofu makes for a protein-rich smoothie that’s full of fruity goodness! The apple contains skin boosting enzymes that will help you maintain a youthful appearance while the papaya contains vitamins that nourish and tone the skin.
What You’ll Need:
- Half a medium-size apple, cored, sliced, and frozen
- About half a cup papaya chunks, frozen
- ¾ cup almond milk
- Half a cup silken tofu (not to be mistaken with firm tofu)
- Sweet Basil or mint leaves plus a stick of cinnamon for presentation purposes (optional)
Let’s Blend Up This Fruity Smoothie!
1. The ingredients for this apple papaya smoothie is best prepared either the day before or at least 4 hours before to freeze up the fruits so there would be no need to water down the smoothie with some ice. If this is not an option, limit the ice to just half a cup or about 4 cubes because the silken tofu and the fruits’ flesh will be enough to help thicken the smoothie.
2. When ready for your smoothie, simply place all the ingredients in a blending cup or blender.
3. Pulse away until smooth. The consistency should be like yogurt.
4. Transfer to a serving glass and garnish to make the smoothie look festive. With garnish or not, this smoothie is a sure win!
5. Serves 1 person as a meal, can be shared for snacks. Enjoy!