I don’t know what it is, but I have been on the biggest banana kick of my life over the past two months! I didn’t even like bananas a few years ago, but now I find myself craving them for a snack, in my oatmeal, on toast with peanut butter, and this bread… oh, this bread! I got this recipe from NoSugarSweetLife.com and have made this bread at least once a week since December. It’s fabulous with my morning coffee and even though it’s not too sweet, it makes a great dessert when I’m in the mood for cake. I’ve made it with different flavor yogurts and different kinds of berries too – just divine. You’ve got to try it!
- 1 1⁄2 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 3 tablespoons Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup Brown Sugar (or 1/4 cup agave nectar)
- 3 Large ripe bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 6 ounces Chobani Strawberry Banana Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Diced Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Start by combining flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas with a fork until they are gooey and liquid-like.
- Add eggs and sugar… mix thoroughly.
- Add greek yogurt
- Whisk until everything is well combined and there are no lumps.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. At this point, fold in the fresh strawberries!
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and distribute evenly.
- Put into the oven and bake for one hour, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and (try to) let the bread cool for at least ten minutes before slicing.
Yields 12 Slices