Green smoothies are not only full of health benefits, but can taste great too. Some of the benefits of green smoothies include increasing your consumption of fruits and vegetables, as well as being a natural way to lose weight. It can be difficult to fit in the recommended servings of five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables a day, but a green smoothie every day can be a quick and convenient way to have a variety of healthy foods in your diet. Green smoothies provide nutrition, vitamins and minerals, as well as healthy carbohydrates, fiber and are low in fat. Here are a few green smoothie ideas to get you started.
- Lime, Mango, Collard Greens Smoothie
- Two tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- Two cups collard greens or spinach (chopped and stems)
- One and a half cups of frozen mango
- One cup of grapes (green)
Mix lime juice, half a cup of water, collard greens, grapes and mangoes together in a blender. Puree for around one minute (until smooth) and add water to reach the consistency that is desired.
- Apple, Avocado, and Spinach Smoothie
- One and a half cups of apple juice
- Two cups of chopped kale or spinach (with stems)
- One apple, peeled, core and chopped
- Half a cup of avocado, chopped
Mix together the apple juice, spinach or kale, apple and avocado together. Puree for around one minute until it is smooth, and then add water to reach the desired consistency.
- Spinach, Strawberry, Banana and Blueberry Smoothie
- Two cups of fresh spinach
- Three quarters of a cup of water
- Three quarters of a cup of orange juice
- One cup of strawberries
- One cup of blueberries
- Two bananas
Combine the spinach, water and orange juice together in a blender. Puree for around one minute until it is smooth, and then add strawberries, blueberries and bananas and continue to blend. Use one frozen fruit or add ice to make cold.
- Banana, Pineapple, Kale Smoothie
- Two cups of kale
- Two cups of coconut water
- Three cups of pineapple
- One quarter of a cup fresh of mint leaves
- Juice of one lime
Blend kale and coconut water in a blender until the consistency is smooth. Add the pineapple, mint leaves until smooth. Use one frozen fruit to make cold, or blend with ice.
- Coconut Peach Green Smoothie
- Two cups of spinach
- Two cups of coconut milk
- Two cups of sliced peaches
- One orange peeled
Blend spinach and coconut milk together in a blender until smooth. Add the peaches and orange and blend until it is of a smooth consistency. If peaches are not available, use another type of stone fruit, such as apricots, plums or cherries. Use one frozen fruit or add ice to make cold and thick.