1. To feel better about myself.
2. To increase my feelings of self worth.
3. To be able to run and jump without worrying about hurting myself.
4. To look good in a tight dress.
5. To be able to wear shorts in the summer.
6. To be able to go swimming without being self-conscious.
7. To feel I can go swimming at all!
8. To be able to run with my grandchildren
9. To be healthier.
10. To not have fear going to the doctors, because he’ll make me get on a scale.
11. To be able to wear a bra that actually fits.
12. To not worry about lawn chairs breaking.
13. To not worry about where to sit at a picnic or on an airplane.
14. To not get “those looks” at a restaurant, even when eating normal food.
15. So my ankles don’t puff up and look like there’s half a tennis ball on each side.
16. To be able to use a public washroom comfortably.
17. To be able to go into any store, and buy the clothes I like, not just the ones that fit.
18. To not feel awkward about going clothes shopping, or shoe shopping.
19. To be able to order clothes from a catalogue without worrying if they will fit.
20. To be able to wear something that doesn’t say PLUS on it.
21. To reduce my blood pressure.
22. So I can feel comfortable.
23. So I can run on the beach in a bathing suit and feel proud.
24. So taking a bath is a luxurious thing, instead of taking a shower so I won’t risk overflowing the tub.
25. So my pants won’t wear out between my legs while the rest of them are still in good shape.
26. I want to be able to read the scale by just looking down, straight down.
27. I don’t ever want to feel my fat jiggle again!
28. So I can look in the mirror from the neck down and like what I see.
29. To feel strong and fit again.
30. So I can show off my muscles, instead of just feeling fat.
31. So I can play with my dog again!
32. So I can drive my car and feel comfortable.
33. So I don’t feel like I’m always leaning back while sitting in a chair, because of my butt.
34. So I can walk up a flight of stairs and not feel winded.
35. So I can wear tight jeans.
36. So I can get up and dance and not feel weird.
37. So I can go on rides at amusement parks again, without stuffing myself into the seat shamefully.
38. So I don’t have to worry about the maximum weight an exercise machine can take before I use it.
39. I want to deprive my cats of a perching spot on my chest because it’s too small.
40. So I don’t get that pitying look when I go to a gym to work out.
41. So I can lay outside and suntan on my front lawn if I want.
42. I want to wear underwear that looks cute and dainty, not something industrial.
43. So I can buy lingerie that fits, and looks good.
44. So I can buy lingerie without getting weird looks from store clerks or other customers.
45. I want to be able to at least consider entering a triathlon and have it be a possibility.
46. So getting dressed every morning is a joy and not a dreaded chore.
47. So I can pick the haircut I really want and not just one that is for fat people.
48. So I’m when people start talking about weight loss, I don’t feel they mean me.
49. So no one ever calls me “a big girl” ever again.
50. So I’m not embarrassed to have my picture taken.