According to the American Council on Exercise, strength training is defined as “exercising with progressively heavier resistance for the purpose of strengthening the muscular skeletal system.” Equipment used includes weight machines, free weights or resistance bands with each providing increasing resistance as the muscles develop. In theory, progressively increasing resistance could build muscle mass and strength infinitely as muscles overloaded keep getting larger. Conventional strength training usually targets select major muscle groups.
Perfect for a hot summer day or whenever you need a burst of freshness, this watermelon kiwi smoothie will quench your thirst, leave you feeling invigorated, and will satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s also a powerful anti-aging smoothie that nourishes the skin and prevents the skin discoloration associated with aging.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 kiwi, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- Half a cup ice cold water
- Lemon juice to taste
- Agave syrup to taste (usually less than a tablespoon is sweet enough)
- 1 cup watermelon chunks, frozen
- Some mint leaves for garnish (optional)
Let’s Blend Up This Refreshing Summery Smoothie!
1. Gather everything you need. This smoothie is perfect for a brunch, an afternoon tea replacement, or just when you feel like you need this.
2. To make this watermelon kiwi smoothie, place the water, watermelon, kiwi, and some lemon juice in a blending cup. Process everything together until smooth. You may adjust the lemon juice and sweetness according to your preferences.
3. To serve, pour unto a glass and garnish with some torn mint leaves. They are not necessary but adds beautiful color plus a little bit of extra minty freshness to this smoothie.
4. Best served when very cold.
Did you know annual holiday celebrations can actually cause depression?
This should be a happy and positive time of the year. But for some people, it is anything but. A 1999 Canadian study showed that anxiety and stress skyrocket during the months of November and December. Other studies have revealed similar results. This is when many countries and cultures celebrate important holidays.
That study also showed that right before Valentine’s Day (which should be a celebration of love) anxiety and depression also rise. This is why it is so important to think about your mental health before and during the holidays. What is the one of the best ways to fight stress and depression?
They say that you should never, ever skip breakfast but we all know how that is often easier said than done. With this tasty and refreshing green smoothie, you’ll have all the motivation you need to get out of your bed in the morning and start your day right. The secret is in the pineapples, the riper it is, the fruitier this smoothie tastes. You’ll never guess how much greens are in this! All these greens firm the skin and protect against the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
What You’ll Need:
Dreaming that you’re in the tropics and sipping away at some fruity tropical concoction? You can make this at home, and it’s a healthy vegan version too with this tropical trio smoothie! Not only is it super tasty but the high levels of vitamin E in the almond milk also make your skin more elastic and keep it looking youthful.
What You’ll Need:
- Half a ripe mango, only the flesh, frozen
- About half a cup fresh pineapple chunks, frozen
- Half a cup banana, sliced and frozen
- Half a cup to a full cup of almond milk (or soy milk, or whatever milk you prefer).
- A dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Fruit slices or a stick of cinnamon for garnish (optional too)
Let’s Visit the Tropics with This Sunny Fruit Smoothie!
1. Gather all the ingredients. The beauty of this smoothie is you can definitely make pre-made individual servings by freezing the fruits in small Ziploc bags, ready for your use whenever you want!
2. To make the smoothie, simply place the banana slices, the mango, the pineapple chunks, and milk in a blender.
3. Blend everything together until smooth. You may add more milk if the smoothie is too thick for your liking. You may also add some cinnamon at this point
4. Pour unto serving cups or glass and garnish with fruit slices or a cinnamon stick